Ubuntu Server: v20.04.3 LTS
Confluence Server: v7.14.2
Today I updated an instance of Confluence from v7.12.0 to v7.14.2. Installation went fine and program started correctly but subsequently crashed. Looking at the processes I found several instances of /jre/bin/java slamming the processor to 100%. It looks like this is what is crashing confluence.
- Looking at the processes for user confluence, I found a process for "JavaUpdate". I killed this processes, stopped/started Confluence and the program came up as expected.
- About 20 minutes later, the Java Update process came back and crashed the program. So I again killed the process, stopped and started confluence again and it comes right back. I am now waiting to see if this happens again.
I am not sure what is forcing JavaUpdate to start or keep restarting after the process is terminated. Can anyone tell me where next to look? Is there an old program that was not removed during the update that should have been? Do I need to update one of the configuration files?
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You in advance!
Jack
Update: If the server is rebooted, the problem starts all over again. I have to kill the process JavaUpate to return Confluence to its operating status.