Essentially I am using ConfiForms to make surveys for my project. The ask, requires a certain number limit of selections.
Ex: What is your favorite food? (Select 1)
[] Pizza
[]Hamburger
[]Chicken Wings
[]Hot Dogs
Hi
You can add a validation for the field to check for it's length
https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/Limiting+characters+count+in+a+field
Same asLength function returns the number of items selected for multi-value field (in the example it checks for field length, as field is a simple text)
Alex
Thank you @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Would you be able to provide me with what syntax I would use in the case of multi-select fields?
I mean, it is literally the same
mymultifield.asLength:>2
Will trigger when more than 2 options selected
Hi, I am trying to fix a value to 6 instead of more or less. I need to restrict the field exactly at 6 characters, in my case numbers. I tried using the validation rule in the field definition itself and also tried adding a rule as it is shown on the link your shared.
I tried using this expressions already but still gives me error:
CostCenterID.asLength:==6
CostCenterID.asLength:=6
CostCenterID.asLength:6
CostCenterID.asLength=6
CostCenterID.asLength==6
Does it makes a difference if I type that in the field definition itself without adding the rule?
Sorry, I wanted to replied here instead of the general so you can get notified. See question above.
Validation Rules ConfiForms Field Definition Rule with a condition set to
!CostCenterID.asLength:6
Because, you need to define the "error" condition for your form's data and react on that
Perfect, it worked.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.