I could've sworn I saw the "Close Sprint" button on the Backlog view a few days ago on a Jira Cloud project - now I think that was just a Monday morning pre-coffee hallucination because I haven't seen it since. Having the ability to close a sprint from the Backlog view would be extremely helpful - does anyone know if this feature is in the Jira dev pipeline?
Hi @[deleted],
with TMP projects you can complete the sprint from backlog view not not CMP projects.
@[deleted]-
As the best practices, you should always access the Active Sprints view to close out a sprint. When you access the Active Sprints view and you have multiple active sprints, then you will need to select the appropriate sprint first. Only then you will see the "Complete Sprint" button.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Exactly.
TMP differ from CMP.
Thanks Joseph, yes, that's how we've been closing sprints. We tend to have only 1 active sprint per Jira project and our organization is on the same sprint cycle.
Interesting. All of our Jira projects are CMP so that we can have consistent settings across projects. I could've sworn I saw the Close Sprint button in the backlog (which made me do a double take!) but it must've been a blip on my screen.
If your team is already follow the proper process in closing out a sprint, then why you want to close sprint via the Backlog view?
Best, Joseph
Many new users to our Jira get confused by having to go to the Active Sprints page to close a sprint. We had a team that had been deleting sprints in their backlog at sprint end because they didn't realize how to close out the sprint
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.