Anyone know if there is a easy macro that would allow me to show the current Confluence version on any page?
e.g. it would output "Confluence 5.4.4"
Hi Chris,
Confluence has the version set on the footer, which is a .vm file (velocity template). I would recommend you to take a look there and check which variable is used to show this system information to the page.
Hmm. Ours does not, although this may be because we are using a Refined Wiki custom template. Does anyone know the variable?
And if were to learn the variable, how would you display that on a page? I'm assuming some kind of user macro? Any quick help on how that would work? Not a dev here.
As a sidenote, I have not marked this resolved or answered because I still don't understand how to implement a solution. Any other takers? Thanks!
@chris ridgeway
I got this all figured out for you.
## Macro title: Confluence Version ## Macro has a body: N ## Body processing: No macro body ## ## Developed by: Steven Behnke ## Date created: 28/Aug/2014 ## Installed by: ## @noparams <p>Confluence $generalUtil.versionNumber</p>
I did this by locating the footer-content.vm file. This is the template written in Velocity that Confluence uses to render the footer of course. This file is locted in ../decorators/includes/footer-content.vm
Inside that file (opened it in a text editor) I simply used the Find function to find 'version' and found this:
<ul id="poweredby"> <li class="noprint">$action.getText('powered.by.atlassian.confluence', [$action.getText('url.atlassian.software.confluence.footer'), "<span id='footer-build-information'>$generalUtil.versionNumber</span>", $action.getText('url.enterprise.wiki.footer') ])</li> <li class="print-only">$action.getText('printed.by.atlassian.confluence',["$generalUtil.versionNumber"])</li> <li class="noprint"><a href="$action.getText('url.bug.feature.request')" class="hover-footer-link">$action.getText('bug.feature.request')</a></li> <li class="noprint"><a href="$action.getText('url.footer.atlassian.news')" class="hover-footer-link">$action.getText('footer.atlassian.news')</a></li> </ul>
The
$generalUtil.versionNumber
line holds the version of the installation. Calling this in a User Macro (which supports velocity) should just work. So I added a simple, no parameter, no body user macro (doesn't get more simple than this) and added the line. To keep it clean, I put it in a p tag and added Confluence before.
It is answer to your question
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/how-do-i-get-the-information-about-confluence-such-as-version-number-build-number-build-date/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.