I am looking for some tips or best practices on better ways to use Jira in our organization. Currently only our development and support teams have access to Jira but I want to open it up to more users within our organization. We have projects for our different products and then a separate project to track bugs and feature requests coming from support or non-development members. However, when something is considered a bug or valued feature, we move the item to our development projects.
I feel that this is not the best approach because we have this stranded project that is separate from the bugs and feature requests entered by members of the development teams. I was thinking one possible idea is to force all new bugs/features from non-dev users to go to a Backlog or other version but I am not sure it is possible to limit a version for specific users. Any ideas or tips on how you handle a similar scenario is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Mike