Stauspage gets refreshed every 60 second. so, is there anyway to stop it or change the timing?
G'day Saddan.I'm Scot from the Statuspage Support teams and I'd like to let you know how our page refresh works.Straight out - there's no way to customise the refresh rate per status page.
We do live updates (aka refresh) a status page every 60 seconds when there's a "live incident" occurring in the page, which would be an incident that is not yet in the Resolved state or a scheduled maintenance that is in progress. For a page that is idle, that is with no active incidents or maintenances, we check to see if there has been any updates every 60 seconds. If there has been an update, then at that point we will trigger a page refresh.
So we're cannot change the refresh rate, but we only do these page refreshes when there is an active incidents or when there has been an update on your page, so your page viewers get an update of your status without needing to initiate a page refresh.
Kind Regards,Scot
Hi Scot,
For the page id "sd1vl4q7mw8c", we are not updating any apis, still the page is getting refresh every 60 seconds. but according to your answer it should get refresh only when there is an update on page.
so, can you please tell why it is behaving different?
Thanks,
Saddan
G'day Saddan!
I'm really interested to understand why this is behaving differently. I created a page with the same Trial plan you're on, and using Chrome Developer tools, I was able to see it was calling my page's Status API (https://<statuspage url>/api/v2/status.json) to check if any changes had occurred and not refreshing as the page had not updated.
What do I mean by Status API? Your page has two sets of APIs associated with it - The Manage APIs which allow you to manage the contents of your page programatically, and publicly available Status APIs to query the status of your page. These APIs are not rate-limited, and you can find the documentation and functionality for them by appending "/api" at the end of your Statuspage base URL.Could you be so kind as to open another tab and browse to the URL https://<Your Statuspage URL>/api/v2/status.json - This will return a JSON message containing the field updated_at, which will show when the Statuspage was last updated. Your statuspage calls this API every minute after loading, and if the updated_at value does not change, it should not refresh your page. If it has changed then it will trigger a page refresh at the next check by your statuspage.What I would like you to confirm is that this value is not changing, but we're still seeing a page-refresh being initiated in your browser development tools. If you are seeing this - would you please raise a ticket through https://getsupport.atlassian.com so our support engineers can work directly with you to investigate this in detail.Scot
Yes the field updated_at is not changing but we are still seeing a page-refresh being initiated in browser.
I am raising a ticket through https://getsupport.atlassian.com
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.