I am trying to tidy up a situation where a user has 2 JIRA accounts. I've been able to bulk transfer the reporter, assignee fields from the user I want to delete over to the user I want to keep, but JIRA won't allow me to delete the unused account because they still have various comments added to various issues (all closed).
I know there are couple of ways to list all of the issues the now redundant user has commented on, but how can I migrate those comments to a new user? Bulk editing doesn't allow for it.
A 'merge accounts' function would be fantastic, but seems not to exist. Ideally I need to make all of the comments made by one user appear to have been made by another (as they are in fact the same person). If it's impossible, I suppose my question is, at worst, how can I delete the user, preferrably without deleting their comments, but if necessary, is it even possible to bulk delete comments by a particular user?