We are currently running Bitbucket Server along with Bamboo. I am looking to have Bamboo upon a successful deployment, perform a commit to the release branch in the repository. We use Bitbucket's Branch permissions to prevent rewriting history and deletion, and changes only through Pull Request. You can add a user as an exception, but I don't see the user Bamboo uses (Atlassian Bamboo) as an option to select as an exception user.
Bamboo uses Crowd for authentication which connects to AD to get our users that can authenticate.
The setup in the Bamboo Plan is using the Repository commit task to perform the commit and push the changes to Bitbucket. Bamboo and Bitbucket are linked, via the standard Atlassian method and the repository is a Linked Repository in Bamboo.
What are your best ideas on how to either get the Bamboo user to be added as an exception? Or a better way to go about performing the commit? Or any other solution that I'm not seeing.