I have successfully configured Seraph to SSO into Confluence, and I tried to port that over to where JIRA performs SSO as well. However, this is not going well. I abandoned the porting effort, and decided to just start from scratch but I still cannot get the basic redirects to work.
I am using Seraph v2.6.4 in both my pom.xml and I have confirmed that is the jar version in Jira's WEB-INF/lib.
I have written my custom authenticator from this Seraph doc: https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-seraph/latest/sso.html
I have made updates to seraph-config.xml and web.xml this Seraph doc: https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-seraph/latest/configuration.html
I have also debugged the SSO process, and I know that my custom authenticator is loading and returns null for the getUser() method, which should redirect to the login.url set in seraph-config.xml, but it constantly goes to the default JIRA login page.
I have also debugged through the Seraph code, and I can see that the values I have set in seraph-config.xml for login.url are being loaded properly, but I cannot see why these values are not being redirected.
Any ideas on what I might be missing?