Have a custom jira field called PercentDone where the entries are text based and end in a "%" sign such as 95%. Trying to create a calculated field in Eazybi reporting add on that will multiply a number by that percentage. Have spent countless hours with Val and ExtractString and all the possible arguments but just get errors returned.
Just trying to turn the 95% into a number (without multiplying it by anything does not work... so even solving that would be big)
Val(ExtractString([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('Percent Done'),'.%(\D+)',1))
There is unfortunately no more than one example in the doc or from a google search on ExtractString. I know there are other workarounds and things I could do back in Jira so Im only dealing with a number off the bat but I want to solve the type conversion issue for future things. Also know there may be something big I'm missing and that there is an answer but I have to cap the number of hours being wasted on permutations.