with GDPR (DSGVO) and Security for Jira plugin, is it possible to anonymize/delete an inactive user? e.g user left the company
Hi @LauraR
I hope this guide will assist to you solve the issue https://actonic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/GDPR114/pages/6261080183/How+to+anonymize+disabled+or+deleted+user+in+Jira
If user is deleted from Jira, he will be anonymized. Data related to user won't be deleted.https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/deactivate-or-delete-managed-accounts/
Thanks Damian for your answer.
My question was specifically related to the GDPR (DSGVO) and Security for Jira plugin since apparently inactive users cannot be found and anonymized ...? it's maybe a limitation of the plugin or a normal behavior ?
As a workaround I would be interested to know if Jira can bulk anonymize users who are inactive >90 days
I am not sure what are you trying to achieve. Fuekd Security Plugin is not able to delete users, Addon can hide fields, you can check if you are able to set up a rule, that blocks fields from inactive users:https://quisapps.com/confluence/display/JFS/JFS+Tutorial#JFSTutorial-CreateaFieldSecurityScheme
Using above tutorial, you might set up a rule that will work for you. I can see, that you have a bunch of options to chose from. Remember that you will need to create those rules for each and every "User picker" field. Also comments won't be anonymized using this addon. If you wan't to get this effect (look at comments section):You will need to delete user from jira.
Yes, it is possible to anonymize users data using GDPR (DSGVO) and Security for Jira if they were disabled or even deleted. Unfortunately it is not a built-in feature and require Data Cleaner template configuration. We will prepare some short guide with steps and share with you soon.
Hello Andrei,
thanks a lot for your swift response.
Hi @Andrei Pisklenov _Actonic_
I kindly ask for more support on GDPR (DSGVO) and Security for Jira
I am trying to figure out how to anonymize system fields like "Assignee" and "Reporter" fields with GDPR (DSGVO) and Security for Jira.
Tried out using Data Cleaner (Plain-DisplayName) rules & User Anonymization & ticket Anonymization without luck. Name of the users is still written in clear after the anonymization of other details as (Email, Phone number. IBAN, IP, etc..which are anonymized correctly)
Our target is not to replace the ticket ownership (transfer ownership from SouceUser to TargetUser, but to have the Assignee and Reporter (also their avatars) name anonymized.
Is there any way to use any "Plain" rule in order to have assignee and reporter fields anonymized and names replaced with "##########" symbols somehow ? Or is there an other way achieving this ? Maybe REST API?
Thanks in advance,
LauraR
Hello @Andrei Pisklenov _Actonic_
as per the https://actonic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/GDPR114/pages/6261080183/How+to+anonymize+disabled+or+deleted+user+in+Jira I should be able to anonymize User picker fields using REST API call
How can I find your API ? Do I need to install anything extra ?
Thanks
Hi @LauraRWe've noticed that many users have been requesting an "Inactive User Anonymizer" feature for anonymizing users who have been inactive for a certain time. I’m pleased to inform you that our app, User Data Cleanup for Jira, includes this functionality. It allows you to easily anonymize inactively or never-logged-in users based on your specified time frame.
Key features of this app include:
Highly customizable and modular: Configure multiple cleanup rules that can be applied to a single or bulk of users. Maximize control over user-specific data cleansing.
Two-Stage Cleanup: Leaving Day & Permanent: Apply a two-stage cleanup process: deactivate, remove, or transfer specific user data on the leaving day, retain necessary information for traceability, and execute a permanent cleanup.
Preview & Retrospect: Cleanup Control: Before performing cleanup actions for single or multiple users, use the Preview to check all planned actions. Use the Retrospect to check previously cleaned data for specific users.
We believe UDC can save you time and effort, and we’d love for you to give it a try. You can find more details and download our app here.Best regards,Duy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.