Hi!
When I clone a stash repository, the clone path from stash gives me
'http://niharika@localhost:7990/scm/cct/icec.git'
Is there a way I can remove 'niharika@' from this clone path and the git bash prompts me for user name when I try to clone it.
I should get the clone path as 'http://localhost:7990/scm/cct/icec.git'
Username :
Password :
Thanks!
Hi Niharika,
I just tried this locally with Stash 3.0.4 and I was prompted for my username and password. Is it possible that you're on an older version of Stash if the below is not the behavior you're seeing?
git clone http://localhost:7990/scm/test/changes.git Cloning into 'changes'... Username for 'http://localhost:7990': my_user Password for 'http://my_user@localhost:7990': remote: Counting objects: 68, done. remote: Compressing objects: 100% (45/45), done. remote: Total 68 (delta 20), reused 0 (delta 0) Unpacking objects: 100% (68/68), done. Checking connectivity... done.
There are two ways to bypass the password prompt, that I know of.
SSH has a different URL path and you have to setup the ssh key in each user's profile.
We use the ssh route for those repositories and projects with read restrictions, in our other tools, like Crucible and Jenkins.
HTH,
John
I have this same question: I think what Niharika was asking is there a way to remove the username from the clone pop-up in the stash UI. When I am browsing the stash repository and I click on the clone link under http it shows username@repo.url/path/repo.git. I use the "clone" link for more than just actually cloning -- sometimes I am pinging a reference to a repository in an email or adding a submodule in a different repo. In both these cases it would be nice to NOT have my username in the URL. I think what he was asking is there a way to change the behavior in the UI. (This would also be consistent with the SSH link which does not include the user.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.