Follow-up Question (to the question asked on 10/19/2021):
Can I map an “open text” data field from a CSV file to a “drop-down” data field in Jira?
What would be the result?
**********************
Original Question from 10/21/2021:
Once I prepare my data as a CSV file to export to Jira, I am able to see the “Map Fields” view in Jira.
(Note: I have more CSV data fields than receiving Jira data fields.)
Is it possible for me to map more than 1 CSV data field to a single Jira field just by selecting a Jira field more than once in the “Map Fields” view?
I know that I can potentially do so if I concatenate the data in advance or by “coding” the CSV data in advance, but is it possible to do by just selecting a receiving Jira field more than once?
Will this method retain all of my incoming data? Will selecting more than one CSV field to map to a single field in Jira cause one of the CSV data fields to override or erase the other?
Will the method that I am proposing work?
I appreciate your feedback.