Hi All ,
I get an exception when i update an issue , however the field edited is updated in the background.
(log.txt)
What can be the reason ? i am reffering this document however i am not able to identify which plugin is causing this exception.
Hi Mizan,
Here's a longshot - do you have the Field Security Plugin installed? I think that adds a column called fieldid to the changeitem table so it must have methods to get this field.
Is this only happening with one issue? Or with every issue you update?
The doc says to have a look at the logs, are you not able to pull out the exception from the logs?
EDIT: Didn't see the log attached already
@Ramiro , This is happening for every issue i update
@Renjith , I am not able to find which plugin is causing this as all plugins installed are compatible .
In the API i found that there is no method setFieldId() in the ChangeItemBean ,how to find the root cause of this exception ?
I can confirm you that there's no com.atlassian.jira.issue.history.ChangeItemBean.getFieldId() in 3.3.x, 4.3.x, 4.4.x, 5.x (according to the javadocs I have).
Are you sure this is not a custom build ? Are you sure no-one replaced a jar inside Jira ?
Hey Radu ,
Even i had checked the Jira Api docs and did not find com.atlassian.jira.issue.history.ChangeItemBean.getFieldId()
No jars has been updated in the Jira . Is there any way to find the root cause of this exception ?
Thanx
but i have this plugin installed in another instance where this exception does not occur
Sorry I haven't. Sounds like it's not installed properly - you've installed the right patch for your version of JIRA as well as the jar? See the installation guide. You could also compare the working instance with this one and see if any obvious differences jump out (eg does the new field exist in both DBs? Has the plugin loaded correctly? etc).
Have you checked the log from when JIRA starts up and tries to load the plugins? There might be something helpful logged there.
Or you could try contacting the plugin developers - I've found that Quisapps respond pretty quickly to questions on their plugin forum.
(BTW I'm nothing to do with quisapps, I just use the plugin.)
Yes i do have field security plugin installed ,
Thanx alot for this longshot ,
Have you ever faced this issue ?
I have same issue. addon is installed correctly. Any pointers?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.