Hello Community:
In a issue ticket, when users can click More Actions > Clone. However, I want to even delete the Clone link if an issue belongs to a certain project.
I need more information.
Thanks
Hello Jose,
We have this feature request to disable the clone button. Please feel free to vote for it and add yourself as a watcher of it.
Also, you can try the workaround described there!
We achieved this by using some javascript in a plugin to hide the menu item:
var plugin = { ... hideClone : function() { if (/* Check you have right project by finding it in dom and comparing to your desired project */) { AJS.$(".trigger-label").each( function(index, element) { var transitionName = AJS.$(element).text().trim(); switch (transitionName) { case "Clone": plugin.hideMenuItem(element); break; default: // do nothihng break; } }); } }, hideMenuItem : function(element) { AJS.$(element).parent().parent().remove(); }, ... AJS .toInit(function() { ... plugin.hideClone(); }); ... }
Thanks Rodrigoit works
Hello, Could you provide more details: Where to deploy this script? under which folder path? Where to specify the Project name in the script Regards
Here's a solution that works well for me:
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/fragments/HideUIElement.html
Learned this from here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-8497?focusedCommentId=936286&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-936286
This worked great for me! Just what I was looking for!! Thanks!!
I was working on this today and I have no scriptrunner nor custom plugins
But I found a JQuery workaround that works just fine
Solved like this: I have created a customized field configuration to apply to my project where I want to hide the entries from the "More" menu.
Then I have added in the description of the "Labels" field (which is available in every ticket)
<script>// this script removes menu elements from the XYZ project$(document).ready(function(){ $("#toggle-vote-issue, #issue-to-subtask, #clone-issue, #edit-labels").parent().css("display", "none")}; });</script>
This removes "vote issue", "issue to subtask", "clone", "labels".
hi
thats a good pont
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.