In Service Managenent-Automation rules, mentioned users automatically becomes request participants.
How can I change this ? - I don't want these mentioned users to be participants.
So it appears you are indicating that there is an automation rule of some sort responsible for adding mentions to the watcher list. Is this correct? If so can you not simply disable this action in the automation?
The case is as follows:
I have a Service Management Project
The automation menu gives me an opportunity to add a rule for urgent issues when reported/created by the customer.
Both in the case of using alert user (providing a list of users) and in the case of using add internal comment (and mentioning users), these users automatically becomes request participants. I Just want to alert them about this new urgent issue which is created, I don't want them as request participants.
This has nothing to do with watchers
Hi @Ole William Hansen,
It is indeed not so much your automation rule, but the mere fact that you mention users on the ticket that triggers this behaviour.
As you can read in the documentation, mentioning users does automatically add them to the ticket as request participants. This is by design, as the underlying assumption is that people you want to involve in the ticket have a need or value to stay informed of updates. As a JSM ticket can involve both internal users (agents) external users (customers), Request participants are used to ensure everyone can be involved.
Also note that users can - from the email notifications they receive - opt out of further notification emails about the ticket.
Ok, I understand the behaviour, although I want this to behave as before: Mentioned users in automation only belonging to service_desk_team or other internal users, and the transition to request participants or not, should be controllable within the automation rule (and not done automatically as now).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.