Hello,
I installed Jira (latest version) on a Tomcat server (.WAR deployment) using an Oracle 11g database. For the installation I used a user who has permissions to create new tables etc. Everything went fine so far, Jira works well.
However, due to user restriction policies I need to change the database user for Jira. I have granted the new user SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE permissions on all tables and the sequenes (was that nessecary?) created by Jira. Furthermore I created synonyms for all these objects so that the user should be able to access all objects just as the initial user does.
So now I changed the database user and password in the dbconfig.xml. When restarting the server following error occurs:
2012-11-14 09:43:10,746 main INFO [jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] Now running Database Checklist Launcher
2012-11-14 09:43:14,505 main ERROR [jira.upgrade.util.UpgradeUtils] JDBC get version number failed. SQL: SELECT ps.null FROM propertyentry pe, propertystring ps WHERE pe.null='jira.version.patched' AND pe.null=ps.null
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-01747: invalid user.table.column, table.column, or column specification
Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?
Many thanks in advance,
Sebastian