My hosting company is providing
centos os 64bit (Linux(
Tomcat 5.5.35JDK 1.6.0_xMySQL 5.x
Just want to know which version of confluence support the above configuration
Hey there,
Based on those spec version 4.3.7 is the more suitable for that setup as 5.0 uses JAVA 1.7 and Tomcat 6.0:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Supported+Platforms
Bear in mind that Confluence 4.3.7 reached it's EOL so to get support from atlassian you will need to use at least Confluence 5.2 version, below goes the support platform page for that version:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF52/Supported+Platforms
Hope it helps.
Thank you David for the information.
Since Confluence has it own JDK and Tomcat, why would anything but the MySQL version matter? Assuming he has MySQL 5.1 why wouldn't Confluence 5.6.6 be the best choice?
I am using a shared tomcat. I have access only to public_html (kind of webapps) folder. I cannot installed both tomcat and JDK. I thought of installing war version but i guess i have to edit tomcat configurations, which i cannot do unless i have a dedicated tomcat. I don't mind paying for cloud but i need my domain name as URL but If I am correct confluence doesn't support domain names in cloud. Let me stick with the program which i am already using.
OK, I understand now. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.