Hi,
I created a new project for a new effort that is starting on the program and noticed the cloning option is not available. I am not sure why especially since the other projects in our instance have it enabled. I did check the system add-ons and made sure the view issue ops bar close link is not disabled. Anyone know why this could be happening and how to solve it?
Hi Lina,
Do you have the same permissions in each project? If not that is most likely why.
Best,
Clark
Cloning of issues is controlled by project permissions. I would check the permissions of your two projects to see if maybe one has clone information set up where as the other one does not for the user in question.
@Jack Brickey and @Clark Everson I thought they did have the same permissions. Do I check by going to the summary page in project settings?
@Lina Abu-Baker
Check the permissions of the project and then check the project roles.
You can also use the permission helper if you are an admin: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/
Thats the cloud article but it looks the same as the steps I do in server
Best,Clark
@Clark Everson I noticed that the permission schemes are different but when I checked out the permissions for the project that does allow the cloning, its not listed there as something they can do. I tried to also use permission helper but cloning doesnt even come up as a permission I can select. I am still stumped and not sure how to resolve the issue.
Are you using the native functions or do you have plug-ins/apps installed. Sometimes Cloning comes from apps, ours did though we deprecated it
@Clark Everson I am thinking its a native function because I dont see any apps relating to Cloning. I am wondering if it is actually enabled for the project but just doesn't show up on the "more" dropdown in a ticket. Do you know how to add it to that?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.