This is an integration question. I got a request from some project managers at my firm on whether the following is possible:
1. An issue is created Jira side in an implementation project. This contains mostly custom fields and has a custom workflow enabled.
2. A macro or extension Confluence side reads the values from one or more fields of the Jira issue and displays them embedded on the Confluence page. They must be able if at all possible to control the layout and order of the fields on the wiki page.
The reason for this is because though the issue is created in Jira, the discussion for the implementations goes on in in Confluence, and the department would like to keep it as the central point of communication between departments.
I know that the easisest way would be to have just an embedded Jira search on the Confluence page that is configured to show the relevant fields. But I'm asking if there's been done any deeper integration than that, be it a custom in-house plugin or some commercial solution.
What doth the hive-mind say?