In creating a new PI in easy agile it allow you to select start date , sprint length and sprint count, but what if I have a modified sprint within a PI due to holidays. How can i modify the time box of any given sprint in PI
Hey Robert,
I'm Jared one of the developers on Programs.
Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly you would like one of the sprints to be a different length to account for holidays so for example with 3 sprints:
* Sprint 1 ( 14 days )
* Sprint 2 ( 12 days ) - 2 Holidays
* Sprint 3 ( 14 days )
Unfortunately we don't currently support having sprints of different lengths. It's a limitation of the product that we're aware of and it's on our backlog to improve.
On our team when we have public holidays we've been letting the sprint include the public holiday but we then manually adjust the capacities down by a percentage to account for the fewer work days.
If you're only interested in the dates from a Jira reporting perspective you can also manually edit the sprints in the standard Jira backlog. They won't be treated as shorter within Programs but they will be treated shorter throughout the rest of Jira.
Have a great day!
Cheers,
Jared Kells
Hi Jared, I see this is still an issue.. it's now the last day of June 2023. How far back in the Backlog did you put this Feature Sadly your answer does not work for me as I run a 5 Team ART, 4 use Scrum & 1 uses Kanban (Enabling Team). When you say "you can also manually edit the sprints in the standard Jira backlog." I can for the Scrum Teams, but the Kanban Team does not have a pure Jira Sprint Board. I have only created a pseudo-Sprint Board for them using your EA Program View. And I have only done this to identify and track Dependencies and Risks with the other Teams. So now I have 4 Teams aligned on the correct timeline & and 1 Team who are 1 week behind & no way to fix it until I create the Next PI.... Could you please have this escalated. As mentioned it's been wrong for a VERY long time and does need addressing. Thanks..
Hi @Robert Blackadder, thanks for reaching out. We agree that the workaround isn't ideal and are currently exploring a solution.
We have just sent you an email to book in a session to share your feedback with us over zoom. Hopefully we can have a more in depth conversation soon.
Thanks, Elizabeth - Senior Product Manager @ Easy Agile
Hi @Robert Blackadder
Hope you are doing well!
Just wanted to let you know that we've released custom sprint lengths as part of the Easy Agile Programs v6.0.0 release!
Please check in out and let us know what you think.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.