I need to Retrive data from jira database and copy to another database with REST API.
Any suggestion to look forward so or any documentation related to this.
Yes, you'll need to be scraping data over the REST API. See https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.19.1/ for the calls you can make
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Any examples i can follow to which copy data from one database and update data in another database. Using REST API.
I have one, but it's written in quite an obscure language and an old database that you almost certainly won't be using (it's not quite ANSI SQL based!). You'd need to do a lot of translation.
I would strongly recommend that you write your extract to fetch the data, parse it for what you need, and poke it into your database using a language that you are familiar with and is well supported within your organisation, so other people can maintain and enhance it if needed.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Thanks for the reply , I used to fetch and update data via API using web extension. (yet another rest clinet)but as aper my new requirement i need to to add rest endpoint in the jira itself and that should run on a time interval.if you can provide me any stepts how to add and rest api and use it in jira without an webextension that would help a lot.
thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.