I am an admin and we have a group using a basic Jira project (Data Center; also not Service Management) for internal support. There are 6 teams that can end up working on issues: Level 1 support, Level 2, CloudOps, etc. Issues get passed from team to team.
The project owner is trying to figure out how long issues spend assigned to each team. They have bottlenecks that they can't easily pinpoint. I'm having trouble coming up with a straightforward solution that doesn't involve additional plugins. Here are some things I've considered:
1) Using a dummy Advanced Roadmaps Plan to create 6 shared Teams. Users would then assign to teams as needed. We have Automation, so we can blank out assignee as it enters other teams' ownership, or whatever similar thing makes sense. But then ... what gadget do I use to show the time spent assigned to each team?
2) Using a workflow with a Status for each team. Then I use a Time In Status gadget to show the stats. What I don't like about this is that I now have a ~10-step workflow that's brittle if different teams get involved. They also have some approvals which get even more complex.
3) ???
Any ideas?