I have a workflow that separates discussion cards into 2 lists named "BUGS" and "FEATURES". When items in those lists get a "DONE" label, they are moved to the list "COMPLETED".
I also have a card named "NEXT", with two checklists named "BUGS" and "FEATURES". which tracks the cards in the all 3 lists "BUGS", "FEATURES" and "COMPLETED" (items in "COMPLETED" have a checked item, others are unchecked). I have a card button that does this. The card is unique in the board, and so are the checklists it contains.
The current implementation of the card button does the following:
- remove all items in checklist "BUGS" on the card
- collect all cards in list "COMPLETED", with a "BUG" label, into links in checklist "BUGS"
- check all items in checklist "BUGS" (checking all bugs that have been fixed)
- collect all cards in list "BUGS" into links in checklist "BUGS" (these are the not-done items, should be unchecked)
- remove all items in checklist "FEATURES" on the card
- collect all cards in list "COMPLETED", with a "FEATURE" label, into links in checklist "FEATURES"
- check all items in checklist "FEATURES" (checking all features that have been implemented)
- collect all cards in list "FEATURES" into links in checklist "FEATURES" (these are the not-done items, should be unchecked)
With this question I am looking for 2 things:
1. I would like to optimise the above process. It is slow, I can see the items being removed, added and checked every time I press the card button to update those checklists.
Does anyone have a better solution for the process?
2. I would like this process to be completely automated through a board rule, such that, adding/removing cards or labels in the 3 lists (mentioned above), the items in checklists in the "NEXT" card would automatically get updated (items added/removed, checked/unchecked). Yes, the above process can be implemented as is through a board rule, but you can figure out that moving 2-3 cards around would already trigger the slow process a few times, with even slower results.
Does anyone have any solutions?