Hello,
I tried to upgrade Confluence server 6.15.5 to 7.13.0. I ran the windows installer then selected "upgrade" option but somehow it failed after running for a while.
Database connect & setup was successfully done and it seems I was waiting for the last step but it failed. I chose the existing current installation folder and application data folder to upgrade the version but it didn't work out then the installation folder was locked.
it wasn't even allowed to access the folder anymore so I backed up with the backup copies of home, application folder. I have backed up the files and database (MSSQL) manually.
If I'm not using the windows installer to upgrade, what would be the best practice to upgrade to a different version? I tried to backup my site using XML back up which is provided by admin side (Backup & Restore - export option) but it seems site is too big to export the site as xml backup. I have waited for more than 6 hours but it wasn't done.
woud it be possible to upgrade it only by using file backups (home & installation folder) and database backup?
I checked the Confluence Upgrade Manual Doc but it seems not very clear for me.
Thank you for your help in advance.
Jaesang Kim.