This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring issue linking
I wonder whether others have noticed this. Occasionally when editing a page the Insert Link (Ctrl-K) feature's dialog box omits the Link text option. I've found that this occurs when you select (for linking) text that includes non-alpha characters. The workaround is to ensure you don't select non-alpha characters before pressing Insert Link. You can then enter the non-alpha characters in the dialog's Link text field.
Confluence-LinkTextMissing-Sanitized.png
I see that I wrongly associated this question with (Jira?) Issue Linking. It's more general. Apologies.
Scott, thank you for that workaround. I'd previously been mystified by why the TEXT field (in Confluence) is sometimes missing.
I tried to make a link out of "step 1" but was missing the text field . But, removing it worked for me.
I wonder if this issue has been officially reported to Atlassian?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.