I'm getting started with bitbucket-pipelines.yml and getting frustrated because I can't find any "full reference" of what the bitbucket-pipelines.yml syntax is?
Yes I can use validator, but that is shooting to the dark, because there isn't any descriptions available to all the YAML attributes that could be used.
For example in this documentation I can collect information that the top level `image` supports for example keys: `aws` (Pipeline custom implementation?), `username` and `password` for docker login, `run-as-user` etc..
The most I'm struggling is that I'm trying to understand how the Pipelines runs the "Docker build environment" when entering the "steps" phase. If I can pass `-e` variables in image declaration like this:
image: my-image
variables:
var1: $SECRET
var2: TEST
At the moment I have a feeling that:
a) variables seem not to be set to the container
b) the Pipeline provides it's own entrypoint for the image. This is fine but where are the details of this behavior documented?
I'm feeling I'm wasting time trying to shoot commits in and see how the pipeline behaves with different configurations. Thus a reference would be really really helpful and also detailed description what happens when entering the `steps` phase.
Thanks.