I have a workflow transition that is used rarely and is only available to system administrators.
Is there a way to hide this transition on the Workflow diagram?
(Previous edit said "step" when I meant "Transition")
To my knowledge, even inactive steps will be displayed in the workflow diagram.
I believe this cannot be achieved with current releases of JIRA.
You can try to remove all incoming and outgoing transitions from that step and that way it will be hidden. Also make sure that there are no issues in that status before you remove the outgoing transitions.
In any case, you will not be allowed to edit an active workflow, so you will have to copy it, edit it and migrate your existing project to this new workflow.
Rahul
But, this will remove the step completly from workflow.
I can confirm that - the viewer will show all of the workflow, irrespective of conditions.
You can hide 'Transition' either
I said "step" when I meant "Transition."
Hi @George Carvill / @Vishnukumar Vasudevan / @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Is this still not possible ?
TIA
No, the workflow view does not hide transitions just because the current user might not be able to see them.
It would be a massive pain, and a lie, to do it anyway. Think through these scenarios:
User thinks "I want to reopen an issue". No option to do it, can't see a transition for it on the diagram, they have to bother an admin, or just not do it and end up duplicating the issue, or even failing to raise it. If the line is shown, they at least know there is a possibility of the right way to do it and they will ask the project owner who can explain why they can't do it
You'd need to code all the conditions and permissions into the workflow viewer so that it would always be able to work out whether a transition should be shown
How confusing would it be to look at two issues, same type, different workflows because there's a condition like "you can't use this if field X is not set" on the workflow?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.