Hi,
I'm looking for a better way of doing what I'm currently doing. Here's what I'm doing:
I have a process that runs some activities on a server. When that process finishes, I write the results to a confluence page. The results are in a basic confluence page in an html table. With each run, I put the data values at the top of the html table on the confluence page. I do some shenanigans to figure out what the top of the html table is. It's not pretty. Since I wrote the script in shell, i'm doing a bunch of sed search&replaces on the confluence page file and then reposting that back to confluence as a new version of that page.
Here's what I'm wondering about:
- Can the "raw" data i'm supplying from the server process run be stored in confluence and can confluence then use that data to build the html table dynamically?
- I can't store this data outside of what's available to me as a regular confluence user, Is there a place to put raw data into confluence for use by other pages? If so, what is that mechanism?
I'd love to learn the right way to handle a situation like this.
Thank you!
R