When I copy and paste a table row, it pastes into the row above where the cursor is, copying over any existing content. Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?
v7.13.0
Hi @Jon Jon ,
Do you have a video recording what was happening?
Cheers.
no -- it's basically like this:
Table Row 1
Table Row 2
Table Row 3
Blank new row
If I copy table row 1 and put the cursor in in the first cell of blank new row, when I paste, instead of the copy appearing in the blank row, it overwrites the row above (row 3).
hmm, strange, I can't reproduce it on 7.13.0
Could you describe in detail how you did it?
Do you use shortcut to copy/paste?
Is there any third party plugin installed on your Confluence instance?
Which browser do you use?
Are you always able to replicate the issue even on a blank new page?
Ah -- just tried a new page -- the problem doesn't recur. The table in question has been edited a fair bit, rows added, merged, moved ...
Ah .. doesn't happen on a new page. The table in question has been edited a fair bit, rows added, removed, merged, moved ... So I guess it's corrupted somehow. Is there any way to see the markup behind it ?
I used Confluence a long time ago -- looks like in the latest versions the markup gets converted to HTML and becomes no longer viewable/editable ? Anyway, the rtf / HTML source looks ok to me (the right number of tags and closing tags).
The complexity of the table is in a section where the last cell in a row spans 7 rows, and that cell has another table inside it -- but the HTML for it all looks fine to me. But the bug still recurs when copying and pasting a row above that section...
@Nam Ho
I can get the bug to recur by:
Not sure what part of is making it happen (for example whether you need the table within table) -- seems like a bug for the developers to troubleshoot (?)
works without the embedded table -- it's the merged cells that seem to cause the bug
I've created table like you said but still can't replicate the issue.
Could you send me HTML of your table ?
Which browser are you using?
<table class="confluenceTable"><colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody><tr><th class="confluenceTh"><br></th><th class="confluenceTh"><br></th></tr><tr><td class="confluenceTd"><br></td><td class="confluenceTd"><br></td></tr><tr><td class="confluenceTd">ASDFADS</td><td class="confluenceTd">ADSFADF</td></tr></tbody><colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody><tr><td class="confluenceTd">ASDFADS</td><td class="confluenceTd">ADSFADF</td></tr><tr><td class="confluenceTd"><br></td><td class="confluenceTd" rowspan="2"><br></td></tr><tr><td class="confluenceTd"><br></td></tr><tr><td class="confluenceTd"><br></td><td class="confluenceTd"><br></td></tr></tbody></table>
The <col><col> doesn't look right to me ...
Chrome Version 93.0.4577.82 (Official Build) (64-bit) -- Linux
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.