So I understand that Space permissions are a thing, but given that I have write permissions as I can create entirely new pages is there any reason I wouldn't be able to edit unrestricted pages?
Hi @Samuel Goodall. Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
If you have permission to create new pages, you should be able to edit existing pages in the space - unless the page is restricted from doing so on individual pages. What message are you getting? Are you not seeing the Edit button? We may need more details to assist you.
Hey Ivan,
Thanks for the zippy response.
I can't see the edit button. But the page seems to be unrestricted. See photo attached.
Looking at the restrictions I see that it's unrestricted.
From the screenshot, It doesn't look like you've got add page permissions on this space. The blue message displays when the page has a restriction, which is not the case since it says that everyone can view and edit this page or when the user doesn't have add page permissions. You might have the add blog permission, which grants access to add blog pages.
Are you able to create pages or a blog page? Have a look at your permission settings. Do you - or a group that you're a member of - have the add page permission?
Only Blog Pages - that'll do it. This said how would you check permissions for a given space - without having to find out who the administrator is and getting them to check your permissions?
I am also face this issue. So please if you find any solution let me share with me I am thankful to you.
So Jane, the basic problem was that Blog Pages have no restrictions, so it'll appear as if you can create pages without being able to create pages proper. So you don't really have "new page creation" powers.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.