When you are finished, click Publish. The dialog allows you to publish your draft and, optionally, save your original workflow as an inactive backup.
Hi @wenjing_w_j_liang_sp ,
I think you can try to save a cloned workflow before modification.
I Thank so, but i can not find Where to save a cloned workflow.
Hello @wenjing_w_j_liang_sp ,
After modifications of existing workflow. if you click on publish, jira shows a popup. to save the original copy as backup (without modifications). if you choose Yes. that will saved and shown under "inactive".
do you need any information need, regarding this, or any confusion on this process ?
Thanks,
Kagithala Babu Anvesh
You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/work-with-issue-workflows/
Why don't mine have these buttons? Permissions issue?
Thank you very much. After editing, I found that I want to set it back to the original state. Is it okay?
You having project administrative privileges.
To view workflows --> you need jira administrative privileges i.e you have to be in "jira administrators" group.
Yes, I am one of the administrators
How to apply for the authority of this jiraadmin? Does the operation of saving the original workflow require the authority of jiraadmin?
if no changes applied to old state. you didn't fell into any problems.
cool
Do I need jira administrator privileges to edit a workflow? But I can edit it now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.