I've got JIRA up and running on port 8444 over SSL a specific FQDN and a CA-signed cert. It works great. Now, I want to run Confluence over SSL on the same Linux server using the same FQDN on port 8443. Confluence is already running ok on the box, using http on port 8090.
I have been looking at the instructions here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Running+Confluence+Over+SSL+or+HTTPS), but it seems like those instructions are meant for a FQDN running only Confluence, as it requires me to submit a new CSR to my CA. I can't do this, as I already have imported the CA response into JIRA's .jks file that the cert request originated from. After reading this item (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/260235), I tried pointing Confluence's server.xml to the .jks keystore that JIRA is using, but it does not work. The password for the keystore and the private key are the same.
I also tried copying the .jks keystore file to another directory, in case there were access restrictions on the JIRA directory containing the .jks, but still no joy. I then tried changing the name of the alias for the private key to 'tomcat', which I think would be the alias if I followed original instructions from above (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Running+Confluence+Over+SSL+or+HTTPS)
Ultimately, I want to set up trust relationship between the two and let JIRA act as the user repository for both.
Has anyone experienced this problem or have steps to use the same FQDN and Cert for both JIRA and Confluence or suggestions on what else I should check as possible sources for the problem?