I used to work with Jenkins but I'm trying bitbucket pipelines now. The only thing I can not figure out is if I have the possibility to run composer install.
My goal
I have an Codeigniter application with various composer dependencies. In my repository I don't have the dependencies, only the composer.json file telling composer to install these dependencies. I want to make a pipeline to install the composer dependencies and than push it all over FTP to my server. How can I do that?
What I do now:
- I use the docker image phpunit/phpunit
- The first step is composer install
- For the second step I use atlassian/ftp-deploy:0.3.6 to push it all to my server.
Everything ends up on my server but not my vendor map with the dependencies. What is going wrong?
I'm sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm new to both pipelines as to docker.