My users want to implement the following:
Make Root Cause required for Bug Issue Type - only. Where env == PROD and at a terminal state (resolved or closed or done).
How the heck do I accomplish that?
You'll need a bit of code - specifically, a "validator" that you can add to the workflow for bugs (you can use "workflow schemes" to have different workflows for different issue types) on the transitions into resolved, closed and done. The validator can be written to check for "if env == prod and root cause is empty, then fail validation".
I'd use the script runner to do this.
I'm trying this in script runner but it's not working and I don't know why:
if (cfValues['Environment']?.value == 'PROD' && cfValues['Root Cause']?.value == NULL){ } } else { true; }
I can evaluate the (cfValues['Environment']?.value == 'PROD' part successfully, but cannot get the cfValues['Root Cause']?.value == NULL part to evaluate successfully.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.