Quotation from this page:
If the Notifications setting for JIRA Service Desk is disabled,
the JIRA notification scheme works as defined for all events
and users (including customers).
Here I understand that customers would be notified according to the appropriate project's Notification Scheme.
Quotation from another page:
If the Notifications setting for JIRA Service Desk is disabled,
agents will continue to receive notifications as part of the
JIRA notification scheme; however, customers will only receive notifications
if they are working on an issue in a public project.
Here I understand customers would be notified based on the appropriate project's Notification Scheme only if it is a public project.
I guess the second quotation is a more complete one, as it states the same than the first one, but adds that there are more restrictions. If that's the case, I think the documentation from the first page should be updated to reflect this important information.
What is the most correct description of both?