I'm running the Bitbucket Pipelines Runner in our Rancher based Kubernetes cluster. It registers well, and I am able to run basic Pipelines and everything is going fine until some steps of the Pipeline has to download a large file. (In our case it was npm install)
I tried to search everywhere and I found a possible issue with network MTU.
The MTU size on the server is 1500, but the Kubernetes Network Provider is using 1450. I tried to update DIND to use the following settings:
- name: docker-in-docker
image: docker:20.10.7-dind
args:
- "--mtu=1300"
Now if I attach to the Bitbucket Runner container (atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-runner), I can see the following setting in `docker network inspect bridge`:
./docker network inspect bridge | grep mtu
"com.docker.network.driver.mtu": "1300"
Sadly if I attach from here to a pipeline container (or the atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-docker-daemon container) I will still see the original:
docker network inspect bridge | grep mtu
"com.docker.network.driver.mtu": "1500"
Is it possible somehow to change the MTU for the bitbucket pipelines docker daemon?
Regards,
Janos