Anyone with 5.10 Upgrade issues - I have 2 instances that both gives serious trouble.
Instance 1 - dies after install under first startup, after the log files says:
2016-06-17 08:04:20,671 WARN [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 15] [spring.scanner.util.ProductFilterUtil] detectProduct Couldn't detect product, will use ProductFilter.ALL
2016-06-17 08:04:27,160 WARN [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 8] [spring.scanner.util.ProductFilterUtil] detectProduct Couldn't detect product, will use ProductFilter.ALL
2016-06-17 08:04:27,353 WARN [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 16] [spring.scanner.util.ProductFilterUtil] detectProduct Couldn't detect product, will use ProductFilter.ALL
Then everything just stalls....
I did get it on 5.9.12, and this works but it very,very slow in startup, after the code above, it hangs for a log time before
2016-06-17 08:09:24,981 WARN [Spring DM Context Creation Timer] [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] timeout Timeout occurred before finding service dependencies for [NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-hipchat-emoticons-plugin, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml)]
2016-06-17 08:09:24,988 ERROR [Spring DM Context Creation Timer] [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] logAndClearOustandingDependencies Plugin 'com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-hipchat-emoticons-plugin' never resolved service '&hipChatLinkProvider' with filter '(objectClass=com.atlassian.plugins.hipchat.api.link.HipChatLinkProvider)'
2016-06-17 08:09:24,989 ERROR [Spring DM Context Creation Timer] [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] onPluginContainerFailed Unable to start the plugin container for plugin 'com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-hipchat-emoticons-plugin'
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-hipchat-emoticons-plugin' has timed out waiting for (objectClass=com.atlassian.plugins.hipchat.api.link.HipChatLinkProvider)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:489)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.access$000(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:54)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$WatchDogTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:109)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
PS: HipChat Plugins are disabled.
Instances 2 - this is upgraded to 5.10,but some macros does not seem to render, among others
$helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{favpages:maxResults=10}")
I am sorry I dont have anymore on 5.10 instance 2, but this was a production site we had to rollback.