Hello
I'm using Xray in Jira and I would like to know if it possible to import test cases with associated datasets using the test case importer?If possible how it is done?
Thanks in advance
Hi @Ana Fragoso
Sorry, currently, it is not possible, but it is a feature we have in the backlog to include in the product.
Thank you.
Kind regards,Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]
Thank you @Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter .
it would be nice to see this feature soon. @Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter Can you please provide a reference to this backlog issue (if possible)
Just to add on this note: I have tried using the parameter in the Test Step / Data column during the test case import eg: ${User}. The dataset once defined with the same name it gets mapped
I see the same thing. Thanks for confirming.
However, I noticed when using Xray Document Generator, the exported Excel strips the parameter placeholders. For example, instead of exporting the Action "On screen ${SCREEN}, select...", my export says "On screen , select...".
I realize that the Dataset data is not being exported, but stripping the parameter placeholder from the Action makes most of my Steps unreadable.
Is there a way to force these parameter placeholders to not get stripped?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.