I'm trying to set HipChat in Jira, for this I get the authentication token. What should I write in "Base URL API"?
error_hipchat.JPG
Hello Marcelo,
If you are using a hosted Hipchat instance, the URL you need to use on the Base URL API field is the default one: https://api.hipchat.com/
In case you are using a Hipchat behind the firewall, you should use the URL from your server.
I hope it helps!
Best regards,
Eduardo MallmannAtlassian Support
Hi Marcelo, the URL seems correct. What appears to be happening is that JIRA can't connect to this URL, you may want to check if this URL is accessible from JIRA server. You may use telnet to test the communication. Also, if you have a proxy that requires authentication to access the internet, you may need to follow the instructions of this doc.
I hope it helps.
Cheers
Hi Thiago, The server has internet access, but it is a proxy does not require authentication.
Hi Eduardo, I registered in HipChat and address is https://atyg.hipchat.com/ The firewall is disabled (temporarily).
I see, but I've seen some cases where the proxy settings needed to be manually defined, otherwise the application couldn't access the internet. The most common configuration is just include the following parameters -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy.example.org -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.