I am using script runner plugin to create subtask but subtask created from this plugin post function does not copy security level. Though it inherits from parent , I want security level should be visible to subtask as well.
Please help
Try
issueInputParameters.setSecurityLevelId(issue.getSecurityLevelId());
also be sure to use this API to create/update your issues.
Er, you don't.
Sub-tasks inherit the security of their parent. You can't set it independently (if you try it, things break in interesting ways)
Nic,
I don't want to set security level explicitly but just want the default inherited security to visible in subtask.
Moin, as I said above you should use that line of code. If you create subtask via groovy-scripts security level is not being copied.
The code will break the security level system - you should not set the field. Whet you need is a display of the security level, not to try to wedge the field into the data. I'd use the script-runner to create a scripted field that simply echoes out the security level of the parent. Couple of lines of code at worst.
Nic, the problkem here is that it does NOT echo security level, like you say. And that's why I was using that line of code. Well at time I had Jira 6.2 and Script runner 2.*. I am going to try again on 6.3.12 and latest script runner and tell you results.
[clarification] hiding the security level on a subtask in its field configuration removes the security level entirely (it does not inherit).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.