Hi
we're running into the Data Center edition.
There is a Single select dropdown Customer field across all the projects of the firm.
I received a request from my Management to convert it as a multiselect field.
My opinion
- What I'm aware of, it's not possible (at least, safely) to try and directly convert a field from one type to another in the DB.
- If it can be done and is safe, I'd be happy to be wrong here.
- Would look like creating a new multi-select dropdown field, importing all entries to that field from the existing field, then switching all screens to use that new field.
- Hard part is
- This field contains more than 500 options(data).
- If I change into Multiselect I should make sure the old data(option) should not be deleted from old/present Jira.
I'd be happy, if you suggest a way to achieve this I'd really appreciate it.
Regards,
Prabhu