Hi I want to upgrade to the latest version of confluence
FROM (7.9.1 Build number 8505)
TO (7.13.0 Build number 8703)
what step exactly should I do, I read links that exist in the last section of this post but I think it's not completed. (e.x. 1-databse and build number compatibility 2-what happen when I copy home directory to new server does it required to backup from postgres and restore on new server?)
any one can tell me what should I do step by step?
Links:
Confluence build information (atlassian.com)
Upgrading Confluence | Confluence Data Center and Server 7.13 | Atlassian Documentation
Upgrading Confluence Manually | Confluence Data Center and Server 7.13 | Atlassian Documentation
Thanks,
Hello @me ,
If when ever there an upgrade required, Please check the supported software's first.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/supported-platforms-207488198.html
Any database or others you can check above.
Next you have to Check the existing plugins compatibility for the targeted Confluence version.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/checking-app-compatibility-with-application-updates-273875705.html#:~:text=To%20check%20compatibility%20of%20your,check%20or%20JIRA%20update%20check.
Before the upgrade, please keep a backup of Installation directory and Home Directory.
Anvesh
Hi Anvesh, thank you for reply.
links that you mention reviewed before start to upgrade.
there is no issue about supported 'software" or "macro".
would you please tell me step by step about upgrade process?
The steps for upgrading are given in the documentation you have linked to,
Instead of asking us for exact "steps to upgrade" that we can't possibly give you because we do not have your installation in front of us, can you tell us where you are stuck? What are you not understanding in the docs? Or what is going wrong? Or what do you think you need to do differently?
first of all one most importatnt things that I didn't know is about different between [bin] and [tar.gz] installation (bin has wizard for upgrade but tar.gz not same)
another things is database export from [prod] and import on [stage] server not clear for me.
I have 2 environment prod, stage.
I want to upgrade stage first if everything was ok, upgrade prod.
I've done several thing and encounter many errors to figureout what shoud I do finally.
what I understand:
1-in prod
database upgrade automatitically will be done on prod if I put "share home directory" + "install directory of 7.13.0" + "home data" in the path and start confluence 7.13.0
2-in stage
I have 7.9.1 and
and I've done below step to start it correctly (this part not clear for me on documentaion)
A) database stuff:
su - postgres
#export postgredb on prodpg_dump confluence > outfile
#cleanup postgredb on stage
DROP DATABASE confluence;
CREATE USER "confluence" PASSWORD 'MYPASS';CREATE SCHEMA confluence;GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA confluence TO "confluence";GRANT ALL ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA confluence TO "confluence"CREATE DATABASE "confluence" WITH ENCODING='UTF8' OWNER="confluence" CONNECTION LIMIT=-1;
#import postgredb on stage
psql confluence < outfile
database upgrade automatitically will be done on stage if I put "share home directory" + "install directory of 7.13.0" + "home data" in the path and start confluence 7.13.0
in this way all suff work correctly restore correctly (before that I thought when I create backup job on confluence compress file that produce contain all this stuff but that file only contain pages not macros not template and ... )
This does not look like you are following the documentation. The loss of macros is screaming that you're not doing a migration or upgrade at all, and I really cannot work out from this what you are actually doing.
yes as I mention after I doing this stuff findout what really happpen in upgrade process.
while if little more explanaintion was on upgrade guide pages, probably this proceess were more clear for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.