Hello Atlassian's,
I am currently looking to automate "External System Import".
Please suggest your inputs.
Thanks.
Hey @qliktraining05 ,
Could you elaborate a bit on your question?
.
Hi @Dirk Ronsmans
In JIRA, in order to import .csv file the feature available is through "External System Import" under System administration.
The process requires to manually click on "External System Import". Provide .csv location, configuration file to load the data into JIRA.
I am looking forward to automate the process to take .csv at regular intervals from a "folder / email / shared drive / etc .." and import into JIRA.
Can you suggest on solutions that I can check.
Thanks for the explanation.
Looks like you will have to build the plugin yourself based on your requirements or use rest apis to create new tickets.
You can get started here for plugins: https://developer.atlassian.com/
Rest apis: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/rest-apis/
Hi @Fabian Lim
Could you elaborate a bit more on REST API usage for automating "External System Import".
Thanks,
External system import creates or edits jira issues. You may want to use apis to mimic this functionality.
Can you provide any references where this has been implemented before.
Did you identify a solution to this?
I am trying to prevent story transition based upon an attribute setting, which will be set to a value determined by a sophisticated external system.
Uploading data to modify the Story seems like a plausible approach, but I do not know if/how this is possible, or whether there is a better approach.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.