Is it possible to automatically set users timezones using information imported from an LDAP server?
Or alternatively is there any way for a jira admin to set the timezones of other users?
You can not set locale through the UI as far as I know, but you can do it through the API using the following groovy script (you can run it with script runner add-on)
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor; import com.atlassian.jira.user.preferences.ExtendedPreferences; import com.atlassian.jira.user.preferences.PreferenceKeys; import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser; ApplicationUser user = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager().getUserByName("sampleuser"); ExtendedPreferences prefs = ComponentAccessor.getUserPreferencesManager().getExtendedPreferences(user); prefs.setString(PreferenceKeys.USER_TIMEZONE, "PST");
That sounds like what I want to be doing. How can I quickly apply timezones to a list of users, rather than one at a time? Would I just need to copy and paste the final 3 lines over and over again and change "sampleuser" to a different string, or could I construct an array of the user names, then have a loop?
You can use array like that:
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor; import com.atlassian.jira.user.preferences.ExtendedPreferences; import com.atlassian.jira.user.preferences.PreferenceKeys; import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser; def users = ["user1", "user2", "user3"] users.each {userName -> ApplicationUser user = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager().getUserByName(userName); ExtendedPreferences prefs = ComponentAccessor.getUserPreferencesManager().getExtendedPreferences(user); prefs.setString(PreferenceKeys.USER_TIMEZONE, "PST"); }
Thanks!
10char
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.