Hi,
welcome to the New to Jira group!
We would love to hear about you and also more about your "Jira situation" (if you're comfortable):
Thank you!
I started using Jira and Confluence in 2004 or 2005, don't remember for sure, on a consulting gig. Since then I have been using it ever since wherever I go to stay organized and get work done. Can't wait to answer questions, provide insights and learn from others.
First time I heard about JIRA was around 2016 (I know a bit late to the party). We have implemented JIRA Data Center and use it along with many other tools in our company. I am here to learn new things from the community.
I am fairly new to Jira, since I'm using it for about 2-3 years now. I heard it through my manager at that time, you told me to use it in order to keep track of our ongoing project offers. That was enough for me, since a whole new world opened up!
I'm in the process of giving the ACP-120 exams which will be a nice addition next to my ACP-620 certification!
My Jira situation started 3 years ago and is now fully implemented and always in search of extensions. We live, sleep and breathe Jira but there's always something else to learn so any topic is a good topic to me 😃
Thanks @Hana Kučerová for initiating this thread.
I started with Jira back in 2017. Till then I have been using and Jira has been integral part of my daily work. I am mostly interested with Jira Filters, Dashboards, Reports and Automation. I am glad to be part of this group and learn and share experiences.
Hi @Hana Kučerová
I started working with Jira and Confluence in 2013 and since then I have not stopped using Atlassian products, I have been progressing, studying, getting to know the new ones that are coming out and very happy to work with them.
It has been a product that has given me great personal and professional moments
Cheers
Hellooo!!!
Hi everyone!
I have been using Jira since 2009, started out using it as part of the Dragon Slayer quest. Starting in 2012 I led a migration from IBM Rational tools to Jira and ever since then I have been working with Jira and other Atlassian tools.
Hi @Hana Kučerová nice initiative with this post.
>> In 2016 I heard about Jira and Atlassian Confluence.
>> Started as an end user with very very limited access, now working at the "Jira project permissions" level. And our organizations are fully scaled with the Jira utilization.
>> This one area is driving me nuts and crazy till date, the "JQL". So, I'm interested to be skilled up in that topic. Going through self learnings is not helping me and hence I'm looking at instructor lead courses.
Not at the moment.
Welcome @Brant Schroeder , @Kishan Sharma , @Alex Koxaras -Relational- , @Laura Holton _ACE Manchester_ , @Suvradip Paul , @Vero Rivas , @Benjamin , @Mikael Sandberg , @G subramanyam !!!
Looks like I've got a new funny Jira story how I wanted to led New to Jira group and found out I'm the biggest newbie of all the people who joined :-).
Hello everyone! I want to welcome all those new to Jira or new users of the Community. I have been a long-time contributor to the community and enjoy working with others particularly new folks to help them through the often complex solutions.
I hope our paths cross here in the community in the near future.
Hello Everyone,The very first time I started using Jira was in the year 2017. The first impression was "What is this", "What are the workflows", "What is issue types", "Where are different types of issue types" etc... lol... Initially, it took some time to understand the application being the Jira Administrator later it was easy to use. Thanks to Atlassian for creating such a good application and helpful & useful for various different teams. ThanksPrashant Sultania
Hello Community!
I have been using Jira for the past 8 years when we started off with Product development. Our founder was very keen in using the best in class tools and it was really cheap We were less than 10 users way back then..
Workflow & Screen configurations were the ones which took time to get a grasp.. but once you mastered it ... it was easy to customize any new Jira Projects.. Right now we use the entire suite of Atlassian products for our CI & CD process...
Hey, this is a fantastic thread.
Recently, I've been raising several questions regarding my Jira learning path. I want to reinforce my technical knowledge regarding this fantastic tool, and this comes great (I know Jira from a "business point of view"). Here I go:
Q : When did you first time find out about Jira?
Q : Where are you in the process of adopting Jira?
Q : Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?
Q : Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
Q : Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?
Hi, I am brand new to Jira and started using it September 1 - last week! I'm interested in learning how to build out templates to speed up the customer response process.
Agreed about that spam thing! That checkbox at the bottom of the screen should be disabled by default ideally. But I always double check :-)
Hello! I'm not new to Jira but I'm still introducing myself :-)
Atlassian and its third party app developers are continuously adding features so some part of Jira is always new for anyone. Even with years of experience.
I discovered Jira 8 years ago on my first job as a QA engineer. 2 years later I became an Atlassian consultant and still glad I did.
Welcome everyone!
Not necessarily new to Jira because I know the tool for a long time and have worked with it before, but im I'm currently learning for administering projects and later on administering a Jira site.
I have the feeling that I'm at the beginning of exploring Jira and all it's features, advantages and particularities.
Can't wait to get to know Jira in every detail!
Hello,
I first started with Jira in 2015, Jira and confluence were the main tools to propel our Agile Transformation along with an amazing organization fueled by few inspiring agile coach, management team.
Best part of Jira -- is the vibrant and active community.
happy to learn more in this journey!
Hello everyone,
I am Fadoua I started supporting Atlassian Applications 7 years ago. When I first started I hated Jira so much because every time I made a change, users started reporting an issue with their workflow or permissions. To make the story short every time I could avoid working on a Jira Ticket reported to the Help Desk I did. Well today I can tell you that my favourite application is Jira (I feel there is still a lot to learn about it and achieve with it).
I really enjoy helping people who struggle and need guidance step by step. It doesn't;t bother me at all.
Feel free to reach out to me if needed.
Best,
Fadoua
Hello Everyone,
My name if Fabian and started using jira since 2005 to track issues in our projects. In my current organization we have adopted Jira fully in a data center environment with 10K users. We use it for agile/waterfall development, process management, service desk, inventory control (insight) and customized applications.
I have joined the Atlassian community to learn about new ways to improve our processes and all the exciting new features. I'm also here to give me a hand to users who are having trouble with the Atlassian products and share my expertise.
Regards,
Fabian
I am Martin and I'm not definitely new to Jira, but I'm always happy to help, share my knowledge or useful resources to Jira newbies. Enjoy your experience with an Atlassian Community and Atlassian stack
Martin
I'm relatively new to the community, but like many been using jira for "quite some time"... some vague time in the distant past that I can only vaguely remember. Funny stories not so much, but horror stories ... bombarding the email server type things. 🙄
I started using Jira and Confluence in 2012 and it was a bit complicated at first, but after learning and progressing with the tool, now it is essential in my day to day
Hi Everyone!
I have been with the Community for a few years now and helping out as a leader for the last couple of years. I have been working with Jira for a little over 7 years.
I especially enjoy Automation for Jira and Jira Work Management.
Looking forward to working more with you!
Oh, wow, so many great people have joined the group! Welcome @Jack Brickey , @Prashant Sultania , @Huwen Arnone _Deiser_Devoteam_ , @Delighla Bondeson , @Mara Smith , @Charlie Misonne , @Svenja Lorenzen , @sudarshan , @Alex , @Tinker Fadoua , @Fabian Lim , @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ , @Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ , @Vronik , @John Funk !
Thank you @Hana Kučerová
We started our experience with Jira Software in 2018 with a cloud hosting, then we opened another cloud hosting with Jira Service Management in 2020. After some time we merged our JSW with JSM (I thank the JIRA support who accompanied us on this project) then in 2021 we migrated tickets managed in SharePoint to JSM.
Hi all, I’m Ollie from China.
When did you first time find out about Jira?
Since 2012, I have used Jira, greenhopper, bonfire, confluence, stash, etc.
Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?
I have participated in the operation and maintenance and promotion of Jira in 5 different companies, from companies with hundreds of people to companies with tens of thousands of people
Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
Powerful custom workflow and automation functions, as well as perfect support for agile development.
Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?
Too many most exciting stories. Since 2018, we have linked more than 3000 Jira users in China and started our ACE journey
Great to find this group exists! Hello to all.
My organization has pivoted over the last 18 months from a Waterfall approach to project and product management and development to Agile. At the core of the practice is our Jira Cloud instance, and it has grown substantially since we put it in place in Q1 2020. Our entire Development and Product Teams live in Jira, and we have expanded it's use internally to help manage third party contributors and projects.
I come from the Operations side of the business and would like to gain more knowledge about Agile and the processes that it puts in place for development cycles. As I have started to attend more Sprint Reviews and Sprint Grooming Sessions, I am struggling with the language and processes. Is there a specific book, blog or site that anyone would recommend I read or subscribe to that will provide me the Agile 101 and 201 knowledge that I am lacking?
Thank you in advance!
I am new to Jira and Confluence, started last week.
Thank you @Hana Kučerová 🙈
Welcome to the community @shaque
Thank you, Kishan.
I have been testing software for medical devices using DOORS, never used Jira or Confluence, from where do I begin learning Jira. I need to know how to do following in Jira:
Link test case to a defect report
Attach a file to a defect report
Search for duplicate defects
How to execute a test case, I think I need to make a clone of it first then execute the clone
How to add a new test case
How to spell check the new test case
Please check out the Community Video Library which will cover the basics for you. Also check these courses on linkedin.
Hi all!!
I have been working with Jira and Confluence, etc... for 4 years now, although I already worked with jira in 2013 in a project that managed the tasks through Jira, now I have the ACP-300 and ACP-620 certifications and the 616 badge.
Now I really enjoy making automation rules, I find it really fun to be able to create them!
Since then I use it both for work and for my personal life and I love it!
Hello everyone!!
I just started using Jira extensively this past month with my business. There are a lot of great features and so many things to learn.
Welcome @Mara Smith
You can't be late in 2016 when I only just heard about JIRA now in 2023. Sad hey! Looking to pivot my career into the agile space. Hence, I'm hoping to learn as fast as possible.
Hey @Brant Schroeder you are the All Time High Scorer here! Kudos for you!
I think Jira was used as a bug tracker tool rather than an Agile work item management tool on those days, if I am not wrong.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.