Can you please help us? We are a German company and we produce software. https://aktiv-software.de/de/loesungen/ an we user some older versions I think. I am the new administrator here and I need to update JIRA and CONFLUENCE.
We only need 10 users, but I am already looking for an alternative like open wiki and Microsoft Teams.
Can you please help us to update our products:Confluence version 6.8.1 and JIRA version 7.8.2 to the latest version?
Hi, @Marco Werner !
Welcome to the Community!
I can recommend you to search Atlassian Partners in your location.
You can do it here.
Hi @Marco Werner,
Is there any requirements for Jira and Confluence to be installed on-premise ? is there a specific reason why you need the server version's of each ?
If not, it would make more sens to migrate towards cloud versions, since you would like to keep the cost down and your main concern is security, you would benefit greatly from migrating to the cloud,
Here are the current pricing options
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing
https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/pricing
Hi @Marco Werner
What @said kouzibry proposed make sense. Cloud is your best option. Nevertheless, we can help you out to clean the "mess".
Will call you tomorrow on whatsapp.
BR
Dear all,
I will have to talk to my boss end of next week. It is a long-term decision - since I want to automate Software Development and Production and most important of all Delivery to the Customer.
Thanks to all who answered.
The Links:
are quite helpful.
I found some useful Links myself:
https://www.atlassian.com/purchase/price-comparison
https://www.atlassian.com/software/pricing-calculator
3 Questions, that I still have:
Thank you very much so far.
Best regards,
Marco Werner
Aktiv Software
Thankyou so much for sharing this. i was thinking the same but i got you points.
Thx. I checked that out and there is a partner in Hannover that might fit to our needs, but I do not think, that my boss will accept the additional costs...
I will have to talk to him anyway, because we have a server version. We would like to use that further on, because the Datacenter server version is much to expensive for us. So, I will have to talk to him, that we might have to migrate to the cloud.
BUT we bought the new version with the payment mentioned above. Now the versions seem to be not compatible. Why can we not update JIRA and we already paid 10 USD:
Jira Software (Server) 10 Users: Starter License RenewalSupport Entitlement Number: SEN-xxxxxxLicensed To: Aktiv Software GmbHSupport Period: Sep 1, 2020 - Sep 1, 2021USD 10.00 USD 10.00Total Amount Due USD 10.00
I still can not update the software. Is there no other chance, but to switch to the cloud version?
Datacenter is too expensive!
Good morning - I did not mention my mobile, so thank you for your offer, but no thank you because I do not want any calls via WhatsApp, because of our documentation in a ticket system. But thank you for the cloud proposal. Have a nice day. Best regards, Marco Werner
Thx. We will have to move to the cloud... I know...
Dear Mohammed Amine,
thank you so far - we will see, how far we get. I might contact you via your user-id here, but not before I talked to my boss end of next week (or later - we will see .
Dear Said Kouzibry,
I will have to talk to my boss end of next week. Now I can answer the pricing question.
are quite helpful - thx
I tried to call you on your phone number but no one answers.
You can use Server version as long as you want. There is no limit, since the license is perpetual (even if Atlassian is stopping the support of Server products by Feb 2n 2024)
Difference between free and standard is in the customization and administration tools. Free is very basic.
After migrating to the Cloud, yes you can/will get everything, but pay attention to what apps/plugins you are actually using if any.
Here is a useful documentation : link
cheers
Yes - - 0 is our central support number - but customers know about midday break 12:30 - 13:30... Will wait until next week and thanks for the documentation. Regards
&thx
Will go to lunch now...
I learned a lot today...
And I would like to stick to JIRA +some sort of JIRA-Ticket-System (we are using OTRS (Support) and Jira (Development) to share tickets) +CONFLUENCE as our internal Wiki. DevOps are running via TFS... Confluence. But Delivery to the customer is still a big task. And JIRA is not really connected to CONFLUENCE and we only have 8 users - but there might be more in the future! And I would like to bring the customer "into the boat"... I am the administrator here. Try -23 instead of -0 at the end Regards, but I will be off for a while now...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.