No matter where I put the assignee parameter in the body of the request, it does not populate in the Issue that I'm creating in JIRA. I'm a bit new working with JIRA's REST API so my ticket request is pretty simple (not much custom fields at all -but Im working slowly getting there).
However, I believe the format/syntax is right because I'm not getting an error parsing JSON message error in the response. And the ticket is still being created in JIRA even when I have 'assignee' in the body of the request. Having the 'assignee would be a neat feature to have automatically generated through the request for notifications Service purposes.
Can't I place 'assignee' param go anywhere on this request? I've tried in a few spots with no luck.
{
"fields": {
<span>"project"</span>: {
<span>"key"</span>: <span>"QA"</span>
},
"<span>summary</span>": <span>"Failure detected"</span>,
<span>"description"</span>: {
<span>"type"</span>: <span>"doc"</span>,
<span>"version"</span>: <span>1</span>,
<span>"content"</span>: [
{
<span>"type"</span>: <span>"paragraph"</span>,
<span>"content"</span>: [
{
<span>"type"</span>: <span>"text"</span>,
<span>"text"</span>: <span>"Failure has occurred in POSTMAN"</span>
}
]
}
]
},
"issuetype": {
<span>"name"</span>: <span>"Task"</span>
}
},
"assignee": {
<span>"id"</span>: <span>""</span>
}
}Which creates this ticket (Screen Shot):
