Hi,
I've installed the JIRA Core's one month trial version, but it's failing to load cause it says "Atlassian JIRA is starting up, Running system startup tasks ..." and it's the same message for 8 hrs now. Kindly note that i've uninstalled it and re-installed it again as a troubleshoot step, but still same results.
Your assistance is highly appreciated.
Thanks
That one-off process can take a couple of minutes, even up to 20 on underpowered servers, but not 8 hours. That means it's gone wrong. What do the log files say? (Catalina.out is worth a look, but the main one is atlassian-jira.log in jira-home/logs)
This is a copy of the first couple of line of atlassian-jira.log:
2016-06-22 15:41:37,748 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] **************** JIRA starting... ****************2016-06-22 15:41:37,860 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] ___ Environment _____________________________ JIRA Build : 7.1.7#71011-sha1:2526d7c13af2ab43673b0a163ceecff6fe735c9c Build Date : Tue May 17 00:00:00 EET 2016 JIRA Installation Type : Standalone Application Server : Apache Tomcat/8.0.32 - Servlet API 3.1 Java Version : 1.8.0_74 - Oracle Corporation Current Working Directory : C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA Maximum Allowable Memory : 683MB Total Memory : 377MB Free Memory : 223MB Used Memory : 154MB Memory Pool: Code Cache : Code Cache: init = 2555904(2496K) used = 13521600(13204K) committed = 13565952(13248K) max = 251658240(245760K) Memory Pool: Metaspace : Metaspace: init = 0(0K) used = 20682584(20197K) committed = 21233664(20736K) max = -1(-1K) Memory Pool: Compressed Class Space : Compressed Class Space: init = 0(0K) used = 2428512(2371K) committed = 2621440(2560K) max = 1073741824(1048576K) Memory Pool: PS Eden Space : PS Eden Space: init = 67108864(65536K) used = 92335544(90171K) committed = 205520896(200704K) max = 225968128(220672K) Memory Pool: PS Survivor Space : PS Survivor Space: init = 11010048(10752K) used = 10998736(10740K) committed = 11010048(10752K) max = 11010048(10752K) Memory Pool: PS Old Gen : PS Old Gen: init = 179306496(175104K) used = 59535480(58140K) committed = 179306496(175104K) max = 536870912(524288K) JVM Input Arguments : -Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true -Dorg.dom4j.factory=com.atlassian.core.xml.InterningDocumentFactory -Dcatalina.home=C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA -Dcatalina.base=C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA -Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\endorsed -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\temp -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\conf\logging.properties exit -Xms256m -Xmx768m Java Compatibility Information : JIRA version = 7.1.7, Java Version = 1.8.0_74
Um, that's the healthy bit. Might be useful later, but what does the log say the problem is? Where is it stopping?
Hi, sorry for the late reply, I had to wait cause i was out of points.
Below is a copy of the end of the atlassian-jira.log
2016-06-27 16:22:49,686 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] ********************************************************************************** JIRA 7.1.7 build: 71011 started. You can now access JIRA through your web browser. **********************************************************************************2016-06-27 16:22:49,699 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Plugin system lateStartup begun2016-06-27 16:22:49,702 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Plugin system lateStartup ended2016-06-27 16:22:49,703 JIRA-Bootstrap DEBUG [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] getService bundle [com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-whitelist-api-plugin]2016-06-27 16:23:15,804 Modification Check:thread-1 INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] ___ Modifications ___________________________ Modified Files : jira-application.properties Removed Files : None2016-06-27 16:24:43,496 hipchat-plugin-tasks-executor-0 DEBUG [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] getService bundle [com.atlassian.plugins.base-hipchat-integration-plugin-api]
I ran in that problem too. I have version 7.1.9 and have been used JIRA for several years now. I have an up to date license too.
I ended up stopping and restarting JIRA 3 or 4 times and it finally worked. Usually, it takes about 2 minutes to get started, with the CPUs pegged at 400% (even though our machine has only 2 CPUs). Once that process is over, I check to see whether it succeeded or not.
On my last try, I used the startup.sh directly, as the JIRA user, to see whether it would spit out some errors. I did not trust the systemd journal 100%... And that's when it started to work again.
sudo su - jira cd /opt/atlassian/jira bin/startup.sh
The normal output with no errors appeared and a couple of minutes later I could access the system, finally.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.